Menu
Menu

All the latest news and updates about the 2018 Materials Research & Investor Showcase

Please bookmark this page for all the latest news, both in the run-up to and during the 2018 Materials Research Exchange. For up-to-date information, join the conversation on Twitter using #MRE18

What you thought about the last Materials Research Exchange event!

Nov 20, 2017

The last Materials Research Exchange took place 4 years ago! We invited everyone who attended to provide feedback. We’re pleased that 

  • 62% of respondents rated the 2014 event as either ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’ - a further 28% rated it as ‘good’ – so we’d like to think that 90% of you were happy! But we’ll take on board all the points people made and try and make the next one even better – bring on MRE2018!
  • 86% of people said they were ‘likely’ or ‘very likely’ to attend the next one - we look forward to welcoming you in March 2018

A few quotes referencing MRE2014:

"This was a very good event designed to bring together academia and industry to encourage networking and also to make a significant input to the future strategy for materials science and engineering for the UK.” Professor Jon Binner Deputy Head of College, University of Birmingham and President, the Institute
of Materials, Minerals and Mining

"I've never received so much genuine interest at an event before, brilliant!”
Stuart Lee Team Leader, Advanced Materials and Processing Team, Pera Technology

"I was really impressed by the breadth and variety of advanced materials research displayed by UK universities.” Nick Braddon Associate, Barker Brettell LLP

"The MRE is an excellent event for industrial R&D to see and engage with the key UK research scientists in the field of materials science and engineering as well as making new collaborative B2B contacts.” Dr Su Varma Incubator Manager, NSG Pilkington R&D 

"Linking the science with the needs of the users is key, which is why events like this are so important." Jeremy Clayton, Director, Research Base, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS)

"Thank you all for your contributions in making the 2014 MRE a great success and for telling us at the Materials KTN that you want it again and again. I know I can count on your ongoing involvement and continued support to make the next MRE even better. Keep networking and innovating with materials." 

Dr Robert Quarshie, Director, Materials KTN

"In summary, I think today/MRE2014 has indeed been a great showcase of the richness of UK materials research to support the government’s view that advanced materials are amongst the UK’s Eight Great Technologies.’

John Morlidge, Lead Technologist, Advanced Materials, (then) Technology Strategy Board